Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: Walter Football NOT Draft
Pretty interesting take on who teams WILL NOT draft from Walter football...
2014 NFL NOT Draft
THIS IS NOT A 2014 NFL MOCK DRAFT.
This is a 2014 NFL NOT Draft - a compilation of popular mock picks that, in my opinion, will not happen.
For the record, I was wrong about zero "not" picks in my 2012 and 2013 Not Mocks
- Houston Texans: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo
As you can see in our NFL Rumors page, Adam Schefter said that the Texans will pick Jadeveon Clowney or Khalil Mack if they stay at No. 1. Mack could be the choice if Houston moves down - the Rams will strongly consider him at No. 2 - but he won't be the top selection. Peter King recently wrote that the Texans' general manager prefers Mack over Clowney, but that is B.S.
- St. Louis Rams: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn
I'm not messing around here! Greg Robinson is a popular selection at No. 2, but Charlie Campbell's recent report contradicts that. If you missed it, the Rams are deciding between Khalil Mack or Sammy Watkins at No. 2 barring a trade or Clowney being available. Besides, Jeff Fisher doesn't believe in spending early selections on tackles.
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
- Cleveland Browns: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
It sounds like the Browns will be targeting a quarterback at No. 4. It could be Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles or Derek Carr. It's not going to be Teddy Bridgewater, who is likely to fall into Round 2. In fact, one NFC personnel executive told us that Bridgewater is a fourth-round guy.
- Oakland Raiders: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
Johnny Manziel will go in the 3-13 range, according to Adam Schefter. I'm not feeling him to the Raiders though. It just doesn't seem like a good fit. His skill set doesn't match the offensive scheme, and there might be some trepidation about his off-the-field lifestyle.
- Atlanta Falcons: [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA[/color]
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
- Minnesota Vikings: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
Johnny Manziel is a popular pick here - or at least he was - but he is just a poor fit for Norv Turner's offense. The Vikings prefer Blake Bortles and Derek Carr over Johnny Football.
- Buffalo Bills: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
- Detroit Lions: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
- Tennessee Titans: Any Quarterback
- New York Giants: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Of all the "not" picks, this one has the greatest chance of happening...
- St. Louis Rams: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M
There has been some speculation that the Rams could take Johnny Manziel will their second opening-round selection. I wouldn't say that's impossible, but I don't think it's very likely. Sam Bradford's contract will make that difficult. It also seems like St. Louis' coaching staff wants to give Bradford another chance.
- Chicago Bears: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
- Dallas Cowboys: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State
- Baltimore Ravens: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
- New York Jets: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
- Miami Dolphins: Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
- Arizona Cardinals: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
- Green Bay Packers: Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
- Philadelphia Eagles: Marqise Lee, WR, USC
- Kansas City Chiefs: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama
- Cincinnati Bengals: Any Quarterback
- San Diego Chargers: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
- Cleveland Browns: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
There have been reports indicating that the Browns want to take Sammy Watkins or Greg Robinson at No. 4 and then Derek Carr with the 26th choice. Sounds like a cool plan, but given that three teams in the top 10 have Carr as their No. 2 quarterback, the Fresno State product is unlikely to last this long.
- New Orleans Saints: Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
- Carolina Panthers: Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
- New England Patriots: Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
- San Francisco 49ers: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
- Denver Broncos: Any Quarterback
- Seattle Seahawks: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State