View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014   #17
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61663 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair: Texans won’t repeat mistakes we made with David Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I saw your replies... didn't see any answers.

Just because we don't repeat the mistakes made with Carr does not mean we are rebuilding.

Signing Fitzpatrick the day after Bortles pro day does not in any way signal we're taking Bortles over any other QB in this draft.

Our rookie QB will start day 1 if he's ready. Just because Carr wasn't, doesn't mean that Bortles (or whoever we draft) won't be. Three years later, Carr wasn't ready to start, doesn't mean our new QB won't start for three years.
I'm just going with what Bob said this week, unlike Carr, a Texans rookie QB today, would sit and learn, behind a vet QB. Pretty easy to understand if you ask me.