View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014   #12
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair: Texans won’t repeat mistakes we made with David Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Help me connect the dots. GLADLY

How is it not rebuilding if we're not going to make the same mistakes we made with Carr?

McNair says the Texans now realize that a rookie quarterback shouldn’t play until he’s ready, and a veteran quarterback as a placeholder can be a wise investment......THIS sounds like rebuilding to me.

How does signing Fitzpatrick a day after Bortles pro day point to drafting Bortles?

“I think the main thing I look back on is that we should have had a veteran quarterback in there,” McNair said. “We should have let him (a vet QB) start the season and let David learn what it takes to be an NFL quarterback.”

Why won't Bortles (or whoever our newest QB will be) not start until the 2nd half of the season? This one puzzles me the most. If it's a protection issue (like Bob says in the article, but I never believed it was a protection issue) what if we have it fixed before we start the season?

“We should have let him (a vet QB) start the season and let David learn what it takes to be an NFL quarterback.”

What if Borltes proves to give us a better chance to beat Washington (who's going through their own struggles), should we start Fitzpatrick because we paid him "so" much?

“We should have let him (a vet QB) start the season and let David learn what it takes to be an NFL quarterback.”

What if we're 0-6 thanks to spotty QB play & Bortles is the only healthy QB we have on the roster?
Maybe then....