View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bob McNair: Texans won’t repeat mistakes we made with David Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Sounds like old Bob is doing a little retracting from his December comments, "We are NOT rebuilding, we're a playoff team", statement.

I think there is no coincidence at all that the day after Blake Bortles Pro Day, the Texans signed QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. A veteran with 68 career starts in the NFL. Bob's 4/27 comments and the signing of Fitz go hand in hand. Drafting Bortles is kind of a NO brainer and don't expect to see Blake until the 2nd half of the season at the earliest.
Help me connect the dots.

How is it not rebuilding if we're not going to make the same mistakes we made with Carr?

How does signing Fitzpatrick a day after Bortles pro day point to drafting Bortles?

Why won't Bortles (or whoever our newest QB will be) not start until the 2nd half of the season? This one puzzles me the most. If it's a protection issue (like Bob says in the article, but I never believed it was a protection issue) what if we have it fixed before we start the season?

What if Borltes proves to give us a better chance to beat Washington (who's going through their own struggles), should we start Fitzpatrick because we paid him "so" much?

What if we're 0-6 thanks to spotty QB play & Bortles is the only healthy QB we have on the roster?