View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014   #50
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I think people are confusing mobility with athletic talent. Romo,Ben,Luck,and Rodgers are mobile. Favre and Elway were mobile guys too. Peyton,Brady,Schaub are not mobile guys. RG3,CK,Cam,and Wilson are guys who will run more than the mobile guys. With time as the game slows down,you hope those guys become more like mcnabb and win the games from the pocket,but still use their legs to escape when needed.
Mobile can mean a lot of things. Romo, Ben, Rodgers and Luck scramble to extend plays. but Manning, Brady, Marino, etc. are very mobile in the pocket but don't do a lot of scrambling. Vick, Kap, and Cam are not going to scramble to extend the play, they arer going to tuck the ball and run.

I'm not 100% sure where I put RGIII or Wilson just yet. Probably more as scrambling QB's than running QB's. right now. I think RGIII's days as a running QB are numbered. If they aren't then his carrer likely is. He has the talent to be a great scrambling QB

That's why I categorize them as:
Mobile QB- pocket passers that can elude the rush by stepping up in the pocket or moving around in it.

Scrambling QB: passers that will scramble to extend the play, keeping their eyes downfield to make a play and only tuck it and run as a last resort.

Running QB-Plays in the Read-Option, has a wide variety of plays designed for QB runs, when a play breaks down, automatically tucks the ball and starts acting O.J Simpson in an airport.