View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014   #220
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

The Ed Reed fiasco was a mistake than many of you saw coming.
Was it?

I'm not so sure. Yeah, it played out the way many said it would, but starting out 2-6 would make just about anything look like a mistake.

I didn't care if Reed wasn't healthy enough to play through the first 10 games, that's not why he was brought here. The Ed Reed move had no shot of paying off if we never reached the post season.

The Texans requested Ed Reed have surgery & the Texans "forced" Ed Reed into the starting line-up.

Let's imagine (in a GP kinda way, if you know what I mean) that Ed Reed was Rick Smith's move, instigated by our beloved owner. Also imagine (because this whole thing is based on supposition) that there's been a quite feud brewing between Kubiak & Smith (Tate taken in the second round after Kubiak "found" Foster, drafting a punt returner in Trindon Holliday, Sherrick McMannis, Shelly Smith (still in the league), trading back up for Brandon Harris, Signing Case Keenum). & it came to a head in 2014.

Can't build a team if you're not developing the talent (that others have decided to develop) you're being given.

I'm not a Rick Smith fan. I'd be happier now if he was let go after 2010 (I wanted him gone more than I wanted Kubiak gone then). But this is the way Bob wants to go & I'm willing to wait & see how OB does with Rick's picks.