View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014   #49
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 385172 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Mayock 2014 NFL Draft

Mayock: Teddy Bridgewater not a first-round quarterback
Quote:
"I would say in general, tape is worth about 85 percent of an overall grade, and the rest of the process is set up for red flags, and to go back and watch more tape to try to confirm what you saw or didn't see," Mayock said. "I saw about four of his tapes prior to the combine, and I really liked him. I thought he had a chance to be a franchise quarterback from what I saw on the tape. ... Except you've got to see the quarterbacks throw the ball live. I've never seen a top-level quarterback in the last 10 years have a bad pro day, until Teddy Bridgewater. He had no accuracy, the ball came out funny, the arm strength wasn't there, and it made me question everything I saw on tape because this was live.

"I went back and watched a bunch more tape and compared him to the rest of the guys in the draft," he said. "And like it or not, I've come to a conclusion -- if I was a GM in the NFL, I would not take him in the first round of the draft."

In his latest position-by-position rankings, Mayock slots Bridgewater behind Manziel and Bortles as the third-best quarterback in the draft. Considering the analyst had him atop his list coming out of the NFL Scouting Combine, that's a rather signficant drop in just a few weeks...
As suspected, Mayock no longer does the work. "About four" is likely an exaggeration... but he goes on NFLN and gives opinions as if he's informed.

Teddy was one of the top players at the time... so how much work did Mayock do on lesser prospects???
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote