View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014   #279
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Draft chatter/rumors/news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I'm not leery of Clowney, or the QBs, or using the 1st pick. But, I think the Texans would be better served trading down and getting the extra picks. To make the deal with the Falcons, I would accept #6, #37, #103, and next year's 1st. Take the QB (I don't care which of the 3) at #6. Then a pass rusher + RT at #33 & #37 from a pool of Ford, Van Noy, Lawrence, Moses, Kouandjio, and Richardson. Not down with the 2nd (or 3rd) tier QBs at all.
I'm very leery of all of those, if for no other reason than the extreme scrutiny and pressure that will be placed on the #1 overall.

Are you expecting the Falcons to think their 2015 #1 is going to be low? Otherwise, I don't see that scenario playing out. I would think their 2015 #2 would be the best we could hope for.

I also don't understand naming specific players when we have no clue who will actually be available at those spots. I'm anal like that, though. I hate hearing "an Andrew Luck". There's only one Andrew Luck. "A player with similar qualities as Andrew Luck" is how it should be phrased. Like I said, I'm anal about stuff like that.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote