View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014   #4
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Help needed for next season

Ive played in Idp leagues the last 3-4 years. Ultimately, your scoring system should determine what you do. Sacks and ints typically score the most points but you can't count on them to happen. If tackles are your bread and butter like in my leagues I've had great success with 3 down linebackers.

Look for passing offenses and incompetent offenses and find the 3 down backers on those teams. Defenses for those teams are normally on the field way more and get more opportunities.

Idp leagues reward players who do their homework. All casual fantasy players know who Peyton manning is but how many of them are familiar with a guy like Paul Posluzny? Plus, these guys are a dime a dozen and there's no need to fill extra roster spots with them.

Opportunity plus talent often equals production here.

A guy I've got my eye on right now which I think most people will overlook is cj Mosley. Where will he go? Will he start? Yet to be determined. But he was a busy college backer and if he gets a starting job i'd take a shot at him. See what he does for a 2-3 week stretch and if his production is minimal, move on. It's that simple.

I may miss on a top running back (hello ray rice) but I usually make up the difference with my 3 starting backers. It's gotten to the point where maybe 50% of my league who are casual fight tooth and nail to get my bye week Idp castoffs. Give it a try. It's more fun then picking a team defense.