Originally Posted by steelbtexan
L. Manziel- Like the pick, don't love the pick.
2. Buchanon- He's better than Swearinger, but their games are a lot alike. Give me Roby/Bitonio here.
2. Bitonio-Love this pick. One of my favorite OL inthis draft. Brings much needed toughness to the trenches. I would pick him at 33.
3.D. Jones- really like him as a player, he will be more effective as a 5 tech.
4. Lynch- Redundant to Griffin, Give me a more athletic guy that can stretch the seam like A.C. Leonard.
4. C. Jones- Great pick, the kinda of versatile ILB/OLB that is a perfect fit next to Cush.
5. Freeman- Great pick and has the perfect skill set for what BOB described as a 3rd down RB. Small but tough, runs hard, great hands. Severely underrated in the media mockers minds.
6. Kerr- cant have enough wide bodies. Kerr would provide a good tag team partner for Powe. Finally interior depth.
6. Gardner- Great pick if healthy, great intensity, has a chance to be better than Crick. Brings toughness
7. Gallon, love this pick. Perfect slot WR, reminds me of Welker, great hands , has speed and gets in and out of his breaks quickly. Better yet he makes Martin expendable if Martin doesn't step up his game.
7. Leone- pass on a P/K, give me some more OL depth like Patchan or Graf.
Although I'm not high on Manziel this draft prvides the one thing the Texans have been severely lacking, (Toughness) Great job.
Thanks for your outstanding feedback SB!!!
Guess I need to clarify role & better explain why Bucannon so high. First rd. grade, yes. He is higher on my board than Pryor or Ha Ha. I should have also identified him as Texan starting FS. Move Swearinger (who I had a 3rd rd. grade last draft) to SS to compliment his strength in the box. They would compliment one another (probably what you meant) just that Bucannon has far higher ceiling & better more rounded NFL prototype. Swearinger had a fine career in South Carolina with 244 tackles & 6 picks but Bucannon had 6 picks just his senior season alone totally 15 for his career & 382 tackles. He is also a terror off the edge in blitz formations, forced 7 fumbles earning nickname Sulton of Swat for reason. I would not be surprised at all if he is the first safety off the board in the first round, I'm thinking Baltimore? Anyway just one of my dreams (Ed Reed was a muse) to have a pro bowl FS, Texan secondary badly needs one & would not isolate Swearinger in mismatches he cannot win because of his smaller size, slower long speed & limited coverage range. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57mWwzhwbFo