View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014   #745
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know about that. Seems like you're saying they adapt the production they get out of the players... WRs stretch the field, with the exception of Welker, who was used more like a Joker TE...

To me, if you've got an offense where your best WR averages less than 13 ypc, then you've got a problem at WR. They aren't performing their function. We were looking for someone who would force the secondary to think about someone other than Andre Johnson. DeAndre does that. Patterson may be able to do that & in our system, maybe he would have. But his performance in 2013 doesn't lead you to believe that.

In the future, if his numbers get closer to 13 ypc then I'll say we made a mistake (if DeAndre's numbers fall).

But you're right, it depends on what you want from the players you pick.
I want players other teams fear.

Do defenses really fear Hopkins?

Do they fear Patterson ?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote