View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #1140
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
go get a franchise quarterback and not some other team's trade bait.
Okay, I'll play this game. Who? What franchise QB can we get this year? If you say Manziel, then you're going to lose all credibility with me. Manziel had Joeckel & Matthews (both highly considered future All-Pros in the NFL) blocking for him & he still wouldn't stay in the pocket. As one former player said, his muscle memory will take over & he'll take off running after the clock in his head goes off. It'll only take one or two times of him getting his clock cleaned by a 250lb block of steel called a linebacker before he faces the reality that he can't do that in the NFL. If you take away his running capabilities, then he becomes less effective than Bortles, Bridgewater & even Mallett.

The fact is, there are no franchise QB's in this year's draft & teams that have one aren't giving them away. So, I ask the question again, who is this franchise QB you think we can just "go get"?

I'm sorry if this came across as a little harsh, but I'm so sick & tired of hearing how Manziel walks on water or how all we have to do is go get a franchise QB.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote