View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #1139
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
But either way, my issue isn't so much trading down, as I'm open to do it with Bridgewater. My point is that going the Mallet route would be exactly what we've been saying for years now was our problem in the first place: go get a franchise quarterback and not some other team's trade bait.
First, I don't think there's a franchise QB in this draft. Several productive starter (Matt Schaub) types, but no franchise QBs.

Secondly, I still think the Matt Schaub trade was a good deal (I didn't at the time) but he had proven to be a better QB than any QB drafted between then (2007) & Russell Wilson (2012).
  • Flacco won a Super Bowl. He's been the best QB in the league in the post season, but I don't think he could have gotten our team to the play-offs to begin with.
  • Newton is probably my favorite QB in the league right now, but he's got a lot of growing, as a passer, to do.
  • Kaepernick another dynamic player, a game changer, but still has a lot of improving to do as a QB.
  • Luck the guy's got skills, but I think he's seriously under-performing his draft spot. Definitely not living up to the hype. A fine QB none the less. I just don't believe he's the franchise QB he was trumped up to be.
  • RG3 another kid with a bright future ahead of him, but have yet to have a season as good as Schaub's best.

Schaub gets knocked a lot because he couldn't make this team a winner sooner & his window burned out before the rest of our team's window opened up. If we could start over & put 2007 Schaub on this team, no doubt in my mind that we would be that "perennial" play-off team that we want to be.

So yeah, unlike most I believe repeating the Matt Schaub experience would be a good thing for this team right now. The fans might be upset on draft day, but once we start winning, they'll quietly wait for it all to blow up, while pimping the Houston Texans as the best team in the league.