View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #2583
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Quotes from an article on nfl.com by Chase Goodbread

Gamecocks defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward chose to passionately defend Clowney's work ethic.

"I never had an issue with him. If anything, you had to slow him down," Ward said, according to espn.com. "There were days that Coach [Steve] Spurrier would have to tell us to take him off the field or they weren't going to get anything accomplished on offense. And that's the truth because they couldn't get a pass off on him."

Ward, however, was around Clowney on a daily basis for three seasons, and saw none of the effort issues that Clowney is for which the star pass rusher is reputed.
This addresses my concerns and, if true, would make him my choice easily. You just don't know how much stock to put into it.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote