View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #1134
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Well, first time I've signed on in a bit, and I'm sure all points and then some have been touched up in this thread. So I'll just blindly and loudly yell out my opinion

Who would I like to see in 2014? Manziel. All this talk about Bortles frightens me. The dude simply doesn't impress me and strikes me as Blaine Gabbert 2k14. He can make some of the throws that are necessary of an NFL quarterback, but so can most kids in college when they aren't facing NFL-level competition. In my opinion most instances where I see positive movement of the chains on a Bortles play, it's because his receivers catch a 10-15 yard pass with no one around them and then turn on the jets for big gains, or his guys having to make some serious freak catches. If anything, I'd be very high on the receiving talent coming out of UCF. Not sure if that's anyone this year, but those dudes are impressive.

Bridgewater. I'd be okay with him, but not first overall. I think he'll be a solid NFL quarterback. I was initially really down on him, but compared to Bortles, Bridgewater is a no-brainer for me.

Manziel is my pick. Highest ceiling of any of them, and that's what we need to go for. There is no Andrew Luck or RGIII in this draft class. None of these quarterbacks are safe. Some might be safer than others, sure, but how much safer are we talking? We're big-time gambling with no matter who we take, so we may as well take the guy who can take over games and spark the offense from the moment he steps onto the field.

On a side note, it's great to see you still here, thunderkyss! However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if we managed to trade our 1st for an extra 2nd & trade it to New England for their 2nd & Mallet.
If this happened during the draft, I would totally puke up my hot wings and then sulk for the rest of the off-season under a blanket of infinite depression. That would just strike me as getting another Schaub, and at a much worse price. I'd imagine Houston would be in such an uproar that I'd be able to hear it from an entire state over.

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote