View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #1133
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'd be seriously surprised if we get Mallett after having already signed Fitzpatrick. I think that if Mallett was a target -- or if Mallett was seriously available, which he may not be -- they would have gone with Yates and Keenum as the backups.

Not saying it's completely off the table, just that I'd be surprised at this point if it happens.
I don't understand the logic here. Yates and Keenum provide no veteran leadership to a young QB, any young QB. If you are planning on having any young QB via draft or trade or one from the roster it makes sense to bring in a vet. I hope Fitz starts a minimal number of games but he does have 77 games starting experience.