View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #91
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans G.M. prefers Khalil Mack to Jadeveon Clowney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Ed Reed thing was weird, though, because we can be fairly certain that Wade had very little to do with that signing based on his comments when they let Reed go. I'm still curious who was the driving force behind that one.
In my mind it was Bob McNair. The fact that Bob sent his jet after Reed, which rarely happens. A lot of 1st RD draft picks don't get the McNair jet treatment. Wade knowing nothing about Reed or even part of the discussion about Reed says to me this was a McNair wild hair and it fits McNair's pattern of behavior of trying to buy a Championship.

I think it may have been a quasi joke, the part about getting the 1st RD pick "EVERY YEAR" may have been the joke. The 1st RD pick in 2011 & 2012, I'm not so sure.