View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #89
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans G.M. prefers Khalil Mack to Jadeveon Clowney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I heard that interview, as well.

Except Wade chuckled during it, so that negates the entire thing.

Although...Wade seems to chuckle every time he speaks....

While none of us really know the power structure on Kirby, we are good at speculating. I tend to think like you, that the coaching staff has traditionally had a lot of power in the draft. It's the Bill Parcells mentality: "If I'm going to be asked to cook the meal, I'd like to be able to pick the groceries."

And if this is the case with the Texans, then it is fairly obvious why Rick Smith is still around.

The Ed Reed thing was weird, though, because we can be fairly certain that Wade had very little to do with that signing based on his comments when they let Reed go. I'm still curious who was the driving force behind that one.
100% speculation, but I think Reed was all McNair, based on his comments about getting mentally tougher and all. Reed is a sure-fire HOFer and McNair thought he could be an emotional leader for the Texans and show them how to rise up in big games.

Like I said, pure speculation on my part.