View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #87
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396588 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans G.M. prefers Khalil Mack to Jadeveon Clowney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Like when Wade was asked if he was consulted about Ed Reed and how would Ed fit in the defense. Wade's response, right after McNair had sent his jet to pick up Ed, I have never been consulted about Reed, no one has ever asked me anything about Ed. And as you so eloqently pointed out, don't put Case Keenum in a corner, he's our damn starting QB.
I heard that interview, as well.

Except Wade chuckled during it, so that negates the entire thing.

Although...Wade seems to chuckle every time he speaks....

While none of us really know the power structure on Kirby, we are good at speculating. I tend to think like you, that the coaching staff has traditionally had a lot of power in the draft. It's the Bill Parcells mentality: "If I'm going to be asked to cook the meal, I'd like to be able to pick the groceries."

And if this is the case with the Texans, then it is fairly obvious why Rick Smith is still around.

The Ed Reed thing was weird, though, because we can be fairly certain that Wade had very little to do with that signing based on his comments when they let Reed go. I'm still curious who was the driving force behind that one.