View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #84
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans G.M. prefers Khalil Mack to Jadeveon Clowney

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Incredibly consistent, thou shalt not speak ill of Saint McNair and HIS 2-14 football team. (He should've spent the $$$$ and dumped Smith with the rest of his latest round of mistakes.

Peterson may have been #1 on Wade's list. I know he was #1 on mine. Smith was rumored to be #2 on the list and Wade got lucky with Watt his 3rd choice at pick #11.
IMO, that would've matched 99.9% of teams draft boards for those 3 players. No one had a clue that Watt was going to be the beast that he is. Smith had some known charcter issues coming out of college, but who knew he'd be this effed up in the head?

Go back and reread the JJ Watt draft thread. There were a ton of WTF????'s at the time. He was actually booed when he was selected.

It's easy to use hindsight to make things look better or worse than they really were. Well, except for Travis Johnson, maybe. LOL