View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014   #1127
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
You cared enough to post this message.
Not caring about who the "someone" is that thinks Ryan Mallet is in the top 32 QBs in the league and not caring about where that quote came from is not the same thing as responding to a post.

Quote:
Test and quizzes are not playing, and they mean 0 when it comes to playing in the games. If you don't care, why such a lengthy response, or any response at all?
Again, you're confusing caring about whether or not OB thinks Mallet is worth trading for with caring about whether or not I should respond to someone on a forum. Those are two totally different things.

Quote:
Did you really just compare Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young to Ryan Mallett?
Yes. Why shouldn't I? Because Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young finally came off the bench and had great careers while the jury is still out on Mallett? I could compare Mallett to anyone from Mother Theresa to Tom Brady to Dan Orlovsky. That's why it's called a comparison. And the situations where Aaron Rodgers was sitting on the bench behind Brett Favre is similar to Ryan Mallett sitting on the bench behind Tom Brady and just as similar to Curtis Painter sitting behind Peyton Manning. Just because you don't like Mallett or don't think he's going to have a good career means nothing -- it's still a valid comparison.

Your point -- that no one should expect Mallett to be any good because Curtis Painter turned out to be no good -- is not valid. Your point was that backup quarterbacks can never be any good because Curtis Painter turned out to be no good. It's a fallacious argument.

Quote:
Panties in a wad? Really? What are you 15?
No. I'm older than you. And I'm getting sick and tired of seeing you making crappy posts that attack people who have different opinions than you do.

Quote:
I never attacked anyone. I asked you why so you would expand on why you thought that. There was no attack. just the word "why?"
No. That wasn't me. I just responded to your asking "why" I was not the original poster. I just expanded on why someone -- not me, but someone -- might prefer Mallett over Mettenberger/McCarron at 2-1.

Quote:
Your answer was less than sufficient, then you went on to insinuate my sister and mother are whores because I asked you why you believed what you did. That was real classy and really strengthened your argument regarding Mallett.
My answer was sufficient unless you were looking for an argument. Which it appears you are almost every time you log onto this forum.

And I never insinuated anything about your mother and sister. That was directed entirely at you and your puerile behavior on this forum.

Quote:
What your comments did however was highlight your inability to answer a simple question without resorting to adolescent insults about someone's family members. Good thing you have this message board to hide behind, because over the line comments like that can be a detriment to your health.
If you compare our posting histories, you'll find that I rarely engage in this kind of foolishness while you seem to get into with every post you make. If you want to see the guy hiding behind a message board, look in the freaking mirror.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote