Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014   #1158
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Keeping with that thought process, how many of the "greatest offensive teams" have won SB compared to the "greatest defensive teams"? I know you're only trying to translate what another poster is saying but it doesn't hold much weight when it comes to winning the big game. This year's SB and the Patriot's 18-1 are great examples of offensive juggernauts being handled by a superior defense.
Does drafting a pass rusher with 3 sacks make you one of the "greatest defensive teams"?

Still, no one is saying that Clowney had to have the most dominant statistical performance of this year's class, which is what "they" are inferring with Bortles' stats. At least Bortles was in the ball park, statistically Aaron Donald eclipses JaDaveon Clowney.

Unlike Texian, I do not think that Donald is the best defensive prospect in this draft, nor do I think Bortles is the best QB prospect (I think he's barely a second rounder). But we're talking about using stats to back up our arguments.

Donald's stats compared to Clowney's Donald is clearly the better player. Statistically, Clowney isn't even in the conversation.

Bortles' stats are close enough to Bridgewater's to warrant the argument.