Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014   #1153
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
He is not the only one confused. Why do stats matter more for DEs than they do for QBs?
I'm going to take a stab at it.... & this is just for me, I have no idea what Texian is talking about.

A QBs stats usually has more to do with whether the game is won or lost. More so than any other position. I can look at a QBs stats, & think, "I can win a game with that dude."

Looking at a DEs stats... not so much. At best I can say, "He'll help my defense slow down an offense & make a game winnable for my QB."

If I had a DE put up one of the best seasons in NFL history, it wouldn't be far fetched to think we could still lose three of our last five games. If I had a QB put up one of the best seasons in NFL history it's not likely that we would lose three games in any 5 game stretch.

Another thing. 31 TDs & 4 Interceptions is great, but that doesn't make 29 TDs & 9 Ints horrible. Or Bortles passer rating, or completion percentage.

I don't have a problem with JaDaveon Clowney's production. I'm looking for a prospect & though his stats don't say he's the best, everything else does. The eyeball, his measurables, his combine, his attitude... I like everything about the kid. You won't hear me complain if you were to say he was the best prospect in this draft.

But his stats don't say that... not even close & I think you all agree, otherwise you wouldn't be making excuses... or rationalizing his poor stats.