View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014   #19
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Report: Texans G.M. prefers Khalil Mack to Jadeveon Clowney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Pretty sure that's how they'll do it, no? I don't think the Texans will be drafting on a consensus of other people's opinions.

Question is, who makes the choice? If it's QB (or even offense) I think we can agree that's OB 's domain. But who's choosing if it's a defensive player? Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

As to the Mack attack, I wonder if there's a team who'd trade up to #1 for Mack? ... So they dangled this tidbit out there to give them a nudge to make an offer. No "secrets" make it to Peter King this time of year. Oops, I accidentally revealed our draft strategy to the biggest NFL writer in the country. Sorry, Rick.

Looking forward I expect to be reading about Teddy's gang affiliation, Blake's crack addiction, Manziel's broken arm, Clowney's broken legs, and Mack & Robinson as roommates in a psychiatric hospital last summer.
We have actually swung the door too far the other way in terms of thinking about smokescreens. It is like a poker player who gets a reputation as a 'bluffer," when other players always read bluff, the best play is to tell the truth, since nobody is believing you anyway.