View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014   #743
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
They also have/had guys with world class speed to stretch the field. (Moss/Bethel Johnson/Slater etc.... Who is currently on the roster with that kind of speed at any position including ST's? Johnson was a gunner/KR/PR guy. Slater is one of the best ST's guys in the NFL.

Also the Pats have had a RB in each of the 5 yr cycles that are very fast and contribute on ST's Faulk/Woodhead/Vereen.

So yes, the Pats have a system but they adapt their system to fit their players. This is the reason I think a Sims/Archer would be great fits in BOB's offense.
I don't know about that. Seems like you're saying they adapt the production they get out of the players... WRs stretch the field, with the exception of Welker, who was used more like a Joker TE...

To me, if you've got an offense where your best WR averages less than 13 ypc, then you've got a problem at WR. They aren't performing their function. We were looking for someone who would force the secondary to think about someone other than Andre Johnson. DeAndre does that. Patterson may be able to do that & in our system, maybe he would have. But his performance in 2013 doesn't lead you to believe that.

In the future, if his numbers get closer to 13 ypc then I'll say we made a mistake (if DeAndre's numbers fall).

But you're right, it depends on what you want from the players you pick.