View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Steel B's Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
These are the twilight years/days of Manning & Brady, just as it was for Farve, Staubach, Bradshaw, Tarkington you name them. Now are the days of speed, athletic prowess, strong arm QB's. Flacco was just the tip of the iceberg, then was Kapernick now Russell Wilson.
This is why I think McCarron is so far down the list of this year's QBs. I think the league is looking towards the Kaepernick, RG3, & Wilsons as the way of the future & the media is selling it.

But I don't think Flacco is athletic at all, I think he, Matt Ryan, Bradford, & Stafford are the more traditional drop back passers, like your Bradys & Peytons.... just not as good.

I think there will always be a place for the traditional drop back passer, as long as you have OCs who strategize & plan offensive attacks. It's hard to draw up the protection for the three step, break right, spin 270 degress, then 5 steps to the left pass. & it's hard to develop the OL & skill positions for that guy.

I'd also like to see Kaepernick do what he does today five years from now. McNabb had to get much better from the pocket (& he did) to be able to play for as long as he did.