View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
let me put it another way, the pocket passer is always evolving into a more athletic specimen because defensive players evolve, bigger, stronger, faster. Just for applicable comparison as prospects, coming into the NFL compare Tom Bradys numbers to Blake Bortles. Doesn't mean Bortles develops into Brady just saying coming into the process he is physically more athletic, bigger, stronger, faster. Both pocket passers right, yet I've seen Blake flushed out of the pocket & take off down field for premium yardage, just nobody talks about it much. Gives him an edge in adaptability department to how the game has evolved with freakishly athletically players every position.
I can't discern any pattern at all to the names you are throwing around. Your examples almost seem random rather than proving anything. Brady fell due to looking like a banker more than a QB and Bortles does not look like a more athletic version of the Brady who has actually been successful.

These two sentences in particular make no sense to me:

Quote:
These are the twilight years/days of Manning & Brady, just as it was for Farve, Staubach, Bradshaw, Tarkington you name them. Now are the days of speed, athletic prowess, strong arm QB's. Flacco was just the tip of the iceberg, then was Kapernick now Russell Wilson.
Are you trying to throw Staubach into a group of lesser athletes than Flacco, Kaep and Wilson?

I see absolutely zero similarity between Flacco and Kaep other than they are under 30. If you are trying to say people of Manning & Brady skill are dinosaurs in the league and will be beat out by Kaeps and Wilsons well, I'd say join 50 years of people making that prediction and being proven wrong.