View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014   #41
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Steel B's Mock 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
So you're saying McCarron & Mettenberger are most likely back ups. Savage is a developmental back up?

I'm not arguing, just trying to figure out what 3rd/4th round means to you.
It all depends on the system, coaching, timing of situation & supporting cast. moving forward I don't see either as athleticly gifted as direction league is headed. These are the twilight years/days of Manning & Brady, just as it was for Farve, Staubach, Bradshaw, Tarkington you name them. Now are the days of speed, athletic prowess, strong arm QB's. Flacco was just the tip of the iceberg, then was Kapernick now Russell Wilson. Next could be Bortles, Manziel or Bridgewater, after that its a complete crap shoot, which is why Texans must get the right QB with their first pick, even if they trade down. Personally its not worth risking if he is there. I don't see McCarron being much better than a Dalton or Colt McCoy. Mettenberger like Gabbert can throw the rock but poor pocket presence, gotta be able to move or create time with your feet.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote