View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014   #34
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rob Rang 2014 draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
A guy ranked 35 with iffy knees is a steal at 33 ? I would think a guy ranked 23 is a steal at 33 .
I don't agree with the ranking. Rang is a wang as far as I'm concerned. Just a few weeks ago he was being mentioned with Robinson, Mathews and Lewan as the top four OT's in this draft. And he wasn't always last on that list either.

He had a bad showing in his bowl game and didn't impress at the combine and it seems to have dropped him considerably on fake gm boards. Wheres the outcry that the combine doesn't matter? Only game tape is important right?

Well He is a huge tackle, opening big holes for 18 100-yard rushers over the 2012 and 2013 seasons. He was a first-team All American as a junior last season. He has elite size and was a standout player in the best conference in college football. During the regular season 2013 he had 14 knockdown blocks and allowed just 1.5 sacks in 286 pass attempts playing LT. Oh and the iffy knees you mentioned, Dr. James Andrews, on behalf of Kouandjio, sent letters to NFL teams saying his knee was fine and he has had no issues with it. Andrews is a well know and respected expert.