View Single Post
Old 04-16-2014   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aldon Smith DUI & Felony Assault Weapon Charges

Aldon Smith’s future: Court date, probable NFL suspension and the 49ers’ overwhelming weariness and frustration
Quote:
My view, after talking to several sources involved with the 49ers’ decision-making, is that troubled linebacker Aldon Smith hasn’t only lost the benefit of the doubt, he probably won’t play for the 49ers in 2014.
But there is a weariness and frustration over Smith’s behavior that I’ve never heard involving any recent 49ers player. Until this week.
This comes after all the steps the franchise took to support him–including Jed York standing with Smith at his locker two days after his DUI–and the hopes they had that Smith’s trip to a treatment center in the middle of last season had put him on the right road...

It’s a very, very different tone now. Starkly different.
Quote:
It’s about a pattern of behavior–also about some things that haven’t made headlines but have occurred involving Smith before and after his DUI arrest last year–and about a team that no longer can give him the benefit of the doubt.

Practically, the 49ers have a May 3 deadline to pick up Smith’s $9.75M option for 2015 and I’m told that they are very unlikely to do that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote