View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014   #201
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I don't recall the Texans trying to trade up for Peterson. I do recall the Lions trying to trade up.

Rumor had it at the time McNair promised Wade the 1st rd pick when he gave him the job. Wade wanted Aldon Smith, he was gone and Wade settled for Watt.

What are your thoughts?
There was speculation about Wade. I never heard anything that even rose to the level of rumor.

This was a report someone posted just a few months ago toward the tail of the season. It was that the Texans had a deal in place with Atlanta to take Peterson but the Cardinals took him. There was then a huddle on whether to still do the deal and grab Aldon Smith prior to San Fran and they decided not to (with Smith saying no) and ended up remaining in place and taking JJ.

Now the two are not mutually exclusive but if Wade had the 1st round pick control then Peterson was his top choice.

My net thoughts on it are we have no real idea what goes on or the power dynamics and should stop acting like we do.