View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014   #196
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
You do know that he isn't the actual scout pushing the player right?
I do know he's a backstabber, you know the type of person I want nothing to do with. Maybe he should be doing more scouting, you know like Ozzie/Schneider/Thompson etc.... It seems like he has atleast decided to attend the combine/pro days so there appears to be improvement on Smith's part. Funny how when having your job on the line makes you work harder.

He's not a scout, but he hires the scouts and has a voice in the war room. He apparently has something to do with cap management. (See: Dunta Robinson) The cap was a mess this offseason. You would think that he had a hand in re-signing Schaub/Foster/Cushing. Bottom line for me is the Texans org/fans can and should do much better than Rick Smith as GM.

Where would you rank Smith in relation to the job other GM's do in the NFL.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote