View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014   #192
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All encompassing Rick Smith thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Your thoughts?
Just because we have a bunch of picks doesn't mean that Rick Smith has done a great job. There are other teams, like the Jags, who have just as many picks as we do... and they didn't even get any compensatory picks.

Secondly, I disagree that you pick a QB at 1-1 because you've got a need for a starting QB and you have your pick of the litter at that spot. Just because you pick what you hope is the best QB in a draft of sub-standard QB doesn't mean that you're going to be set at QB for any period of time. That sort of thinking didn't work out well for the Raiders (Jamarcus Russell.)

No. You have to pick the best player that you think is going to make the most improvement to your team. If that's a QB, great. If not, great.

When it comes to Rick Smith, I don't really know one way or another how good he is at his job. I don't know which actions rest solely on him and which actions were shared and which actions were someone else. I don't know if he's even going to be our GM after the draft.

And, frankly, I don't care.

I don't care who our coach is. I don't care who our GM is. All I care about is having a dynasty that wins lots and lots of Super Bowls. If Rick Smith can help deliver that, great. If not, get him out of here. If OB can help deliver that, great. If not, get him out of here.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote