View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If you were Gus Bradley...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You don't like their lines as they are built now?
No. The interior of their OL is a mess. That's why I drafted a couple of guards and I was upset I didn't target any of the centers I wanted, earlier. They all got drafted away from me before I thought they would

That's why they made a big play to get Alex Mack away from the Browns, to upgrade that C spot. They signed Zane Beadles to play G but... he's not that great. This is a pretty good draft for OG talent, so they should be able to patch that up pretty good.

On the defensive side, they re-signed Babin for DE but he's 34 now. They signed Clemons to play DE but he's 32 and coming off a down year. They signed Ziggy Hood for DT but that's just depth. They're moving Alualu back inside. But they really probably got their best signing with Red Bryant, who's an upgrade over Alualu. But Bryant doesn't really help with the pass-rush and that's where they had problems.

Babin and Clemons could give them some good seasons and give them more of a pass rush than they had last year but they're both just stop-gap players. They need to draft some young DE talent to prepare for the future.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote