View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014   #71
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson believes in Devier Posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
time out. i followed you with everything else, but spencer may have been the best selection we've ever made. you cant fault anyone for an after-the-fact freak injury inflicted by our own player. i maintain to this day that spencer is the single best offensive line prospect i've ever seen, his bust in canton would already be sculpted at this point in his career if not for injury. dude had pace's feet, ogden's trunk, and hands that would frighten even the deacon (i've never seen better hands from an offensive lineman). a bit of a sore spot for me, it's still raw that i didnt get to see more than a glimpse at his rookie year.
That's kinda what I was saying.

When they first drafted Spencer, I wasn't following draft prospects very closely and I didn't know who he was. So I was a little on the "hmmm" side but the more I learned about him and heard about him, the more excited I was. I really thought we'd turned a corner and worked some magic by getting our two tackles to last us for years and years. And then... bam. Not so much.

But my overall point wasn't that he was bad but that things didn't work out the way we'd hoped or planned.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote