View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014   #1098
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I still think Kubiak had more to do with Keenum's decline that any opposing DC or game plan.
I think Kubiak's risk tolerance was well below Keenum's playing style, and he muzzled Case to the point he started playing tight. I think Kubiak might have done the same to Schaub.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not one of the people who think Kubiak's offense was bad. Quite the opposite. I think Gary's offense gets receivers open better than virtually any offense in the league.
I just think he is too conservative by nature and chokes his QBs ability to create things on their own.
It's ironic, because Kubiak talks the talk of someone who places a high value on being able to make plays "off schedule", but his actions are those of a man who is afraid of his own shadow.
Totally disagree. I think people figured Keenum out, that his success was mostly through deep passes and when he was able to scramble. When teams started to come after him, he folded. It's not difficult to stop a quarterback when they can't handle the blitz and the offensive line isn't exactly stellar.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote