View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014   #67
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson believes in Devier Posey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's kind of like saying we should have drafted Ben Tate in the 4th, because he was going to miss his rookie season. Or we should have tried to get Charles Spencer as an UDFA because he was going to have a career damaging injury.

Posey appeared to be on track at the end of his rookie year & had he not got hurt in our final game that year, I'm sure we would not have drafted DeAndre.
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. We didn't make the best draft choices with Ben Tate or Charles Spencer or Devier Posey. We could have drafted other guys at those spots that would have been much more productive.

The knock on Posey was that he was going to be a project that was going to take some time to develop. Well? A couple of years in and he hasn't developed into the guy we hoped he would be. There were other WRs available (that many here were pounding the table for) that we could have drafted AND gotten more production out of in the first two years AND probably not have had to use a 1st round draft pick on a WR.

I liked the Ben Tate draft pick. BUT. In hindsight, we could have gotten more value out of that pick but where we were at the time, he looked to be the best option available.

I was surprised by the Spencer draft pick although I warmed up to it pretty quickly. BUT. In hindsight, we could have gotten more value out of that pick but you can't predict a Ron Dayne career-ending catastrophe.

I like Posey. I didn't mind that we drafted him at the time. But in hindsight, we could have done better.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote