View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014   #75
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub broken beyond repair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
NFL.com's Around the League Writer Chris Wesseling asks "Oakland Raiders' Matt Schaub broken beyond repair?"

Never cared much for this guys articles no matter who they are on, but I did find one tidbit interesting regarding the belief around here that the Lisfranc injury was the cause of Schaub's demise.

Not that his opinion proves or disproves these claims, but after studying film I came to the same conclusion.

But looking at this list of injuries it's makes an impact on how battered the guy was. Except for the bolded which I had to laugh at. When did an X-Ray or MRI become and injury? And what exactly is a lingering throwing shoulder injury that isn't listed prior to the lingering comment? Is an MRI on your hip considered an injury now? Don't they perform these things as a precaution? Anyone aware of this hip injury?

Matt Schaub's injury history
Torn ligaments in ankle - 2013
X-rays on left shoulder; ear injury - 2012
Lisfranc surgery; lingering throwing shoulder injury; MRI on hip - 2011
Inflamed bursa sac in knee; rib injury - 2010
Dislocated left shoulder; ankle injury - 2009
Torn MCL - 2008
Dislocated left shoulder; concussion; ankle; hip and lower back injuries - 2007
An MRI or an x-ray isn't an injury but it's and indication that you're hurt in that area. You don't get an x-ray of your shoulder because it feels good.

And the thing about injuries is that they can get into your head and change the way you do things or think about things. I think that's what happened to Schaub after the lisfranc injury. I'm not saying he also wasn't experience residual physical effects but I think the mental aspects were what fell apart. His decision making suffered.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote