View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014   #74
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 57086 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Schaub broken beyond repair?

NFL.com's Around the League Writer Chris Wesseling asks "Oakland Raiders' Matt Schaub broken beyond repair?"

Never cared much for this guys articles no matter who they are on, but I did find one tidbit interesting regarding the belief around here that the Lisfranc injury was the cause of Schaub's demise.

Quote:
Although there were late 2012 whispers that a hidden injury might be the root cause of Schaub's precipitous decline, the game film reveals no smoking gun. -Chris Wesseling
Not that his opinion proves or disproves these claims, but after studying film I came to the same conclusion.

But looking at this list of injuries it's makes an impact on how battered the guy was. Except for the bolded which I had to laugh at. When did an X-Ray or MRI become and injury? And what exactly is a lingering throwing shoulder injury that isn't listed prior to the lingering comment? Is an MRI on your hip considered an injury now? Don't they perform these things as a precaution? Anyone aware of this hip injury?

Matt Schaub's injury history
Torn ligaments in ankle - 2013
X-rays on left shoulder; ear injury - 2012
Lisfranc surgery; lingering throwing shoulder injury; MRI on hip - 2011
Inflamed bursa sac in knee; rib injury - 2010
Dislocated left shoulder; ankle injury - 2009
Torn MCL - 2008
Dislocated left shoulder; concussion; ankle; hip and lower back injuries - 2007

Wesseling goes on to say:
Quote:
Successful pro quarterbacks don't turn stale over time. The fall is sudden and steep. -Chris Wesseling
Sure hope Schaub can prove him wrong, and I can't help but feel like this article is more of a dig at the Raiders than it is at Schaub.

What do you think?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-beyond-repair

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote