View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014   #1089
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
(in bold) ooooh you said a dirty word....

I am curious to know how many deep balls Brady threw in this offense. I don't recall too many deep when the Texans played them. I think O'Brien's scheme is more about precision rather than arm strength.

hitting the seem, wheel and under routes, ton of screens then over the top for a big gain when the safeties creep up. At least that is what I recalled.

I think Yates arm would be fine in that kind of system, but who knows...
as i can tell, those are the true tells of arm strength. floating a deep ball is something all quarterbacks drafted can do. some like brees (and keenum) do it better by landing that rain-maker in stride. driving a 15 yard zone beater between the linebacker and safety is where the arm matters - something few did better than schaub and one of the areas that brady makes his money. i dont think yates's arm is fine in that regard. i've not seen him drive a ball the way he needs to the way keenum can and schaub was good at.

as i've said repeatedly, the deep ball is NOT a measure of arm strength. dave in the parking lot after the game can chuck it 60 yards. that doesnt mean he can add touch to a line drive on an 18 yard out.