View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014   #1086
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
from all i've seen and heard, yates's greatest asset is between his ears ... and that hasnt seemed to have developed as well as many have hoped. he's got a much weaker arm thanschaub, and while mobile, doesnt move inside or out of the pocket very well. "size is a talent" as phil simms says, but worthless if there's nothing to it.

dont get me wrong, i'd love to see yates turn it on, but i havent seen any progression at all. if anything i think he's regressed, and lost the mental acumen that made him special.
(in bold) ooooh you said a dirty word....

I am curious to know how many deep balls Brady threw in this offense. I don't recall too many deep when the Texans played them. I think O'Brien's scheme is more about precision rather than arm strength.

hitting the seem, wheel and under routes, ton of screens then over the top for a big gain when the safeties creep up. At least that is what I recalled.

I think Yates arm would be fine in that kind of system, but who knows...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote