View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014   #1083
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Nomad View Post
I'm not sure how one could possibly have a "weaker arm" then Schaub. I would never contend Yates has a rocket but from my observation it's certainly not weaker then Schaub's.
I dont know how much he has developed or digressed because the sample sizes we get are tilted. There was a big debate split between who looked better in preseason between Yates and Keenum last year. I was on the Yates side. The unit as a whole has always looked more energized to me when he is in the game. He has always had a solid connection with Dre and it just appears to me that the offense wants to play for the kid. And most important of all he has shown the ability to stand in a pocket, under control, go through his progressions, is willing, and actually looks to extend the field vertically. Case can play the vertical game but he seems to always be under duress and on the edge of panic.

We pretty much know what your gonna get with Fitz and Case. I dont know if Yates could be a day one starter but I sure would like to see what he might have to offer after a pre-season with real competition and preparation.
first bold - i dont feel it's even close, but i've already made that point

second - he did. and this is where i feel he's regressed. yates as a rookie had the most spectacular "devil may care" calm and quickness in both the huddle and in the pocket. i had the highest hopes because of that poise and quick decision. i dont see it anymore, not in preseason where he's taking the first option, nor his near panicked showing in relief of schaub last year. he's not handling pressure at all.