View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014   #2338
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Wrong again:

Looks like if you don't hurry and return the dog is going to tell you off. We see who is in charge, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Brees,Newton,and Ryan to name a few. As I've said before, straight from pat kirwan,phil saage and bill polian,pro days mean pretty much nothing. From what I'm told ,face to face,the pro day is was really for the later round picks and guys who were not invited to combine. Pro day is also one of the 1st times the coach get to see prospects live. Now for guys like the late al davis, was heavily influenced by russell,heward-bey,and others pro day and combine. Hey,that's them, id rather just do tape and see how that translates.

I watched a couple games by Carr today and if I never seen his pro day,no way that dude is even in the 2nd rd. His feet,panic under duress,and the near ints are hard to comprehend for a 4 th yr player. I'm sure some coach will think he can coach the pocket awarness like they thought with tanneyhill and gabbert and we've seen how that has worked out.
He probably meant top ten in the draft, not position. Brees was a second round pick. But overall I agree with your point. The pro-day doesn't make a significant dent to drop someone a full round in a draft. It just makes them go review the game film that much more deeply. A poor performance can hurt though especially if you didn't throw at the combine but not to the level some are suggesting where he should all the way to the second. That's quite a stretch.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote