View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014   #2335
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Brees,Newton,and Ryan to name a few. As I've said before, straight from pat kirwan,phil saage and bill polian,pro days mean pretty much nothing. From what I'm told ,face to face,the pro day is was really for the later round picks and guys who were not invited to combine. Pro day is also one of the 1st times the coach get to see prospects live. Now for guys like the late al davis, was heavily influenced by russell,heward-bey,and others pro day and combine. Hey,that's them, id rather just do tape and see how that translates.
That's pretty awesome you met them and they said that. I always felt the same way, but never had any validation to my argument.

There was a great man in the Clowney thread that said this...

Quote:
I've always looked at pro days and combines for guys in rounds 5+ (might go 6+ this year, this draft is Stacked!) because I believe 95% of the time those guys are gonna fail in the NFL so I'd rather have a beast athlete that has a chance to learn what it takes, who in the meantime will either pop someone hard on special teams or fly down the field untouched on special teams.
That great man is me. And now I have validation from GMs on my opinion. All you Mel Kiper fan boys have fun riding that fence and swaying in the wind. I drew a line after the end of the FOOTBALL season on what guys I did and did not like and reasons why. Those pro days haven't made me sway, and now I feel more confident in my reasoning. Thank you Leebi.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote