View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014   #79
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 80305 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Why is Derek Newton Still a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Robert Gallery and Tony Manderich immediately come to mind.

From possibly the greatest OL over a decade, the 90s Cowboys line - Nate Newton, Larry Allen and Kevin Gogan all played both OT and OG.

One every Texan fan should know - Chester Pitts. Actually another every Texan fan should know - Zach Wiegert.
OK so you are saying those players sucked as bad as Newton at Tackle (Not possible!), were then demoted to guards on the same team and succeeded?

Even if that is true, you will have to admit, there are far more failures than success stories in this arena... most teams just cut the player and move on.

I honestly cannot believe any of you are defending Newton. But I think this is my point. You guys rail on certain players or coaches, but then want to give a pass to Newton. Madness!

As horrible as Newton played for the last two seasons, there should be no question that regardless of your perceived potential for Newton at guard, he should not make the 53 man roster, and should be joining other failures on the unemployment line.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote