View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014   #70
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub named starter in Oakland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Remember now that Rivers also started out his season throwing a TD to the other team, yet he still had a pretty good season. The pick 6's are way overblown, and those who believe they would have just kept coming are kidding themselves. I can only think of 1 that actually cost the Texans the game. The rest of the losses were team losses, not all on Schaub.

Peyton Manning and John Elway held the previous record for consecutive pick 6's, and they were allowed to play through it and not pulled for a 1st year UDFA because fans and the owner had a boner (nice rhyme) for a former U of H QB, who clearly was not ready when his number was called.

I'm am not going to go into again, but everyone gave up on the season way too soon in my eyes, and I believe the Texans would have won more than 2 games had Schaub been allowed to play through the slump IMHO. How many more? Who knows, but giving up on the season, and throwing Keenum to the wolves was a bad idea.
Are you forgetting that Schaub started a few games after he proved he was terrible and he performed, predictably, terribly? Have you seen his stats the games that he started at the end of the year? You forget about all those picks he threw then, too?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote