View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014   #75
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish
Default Re: Why is Derek Newton Still a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Some players who struggle as Tackles do well as guards. Perhaps OB wants to see if he can transition into another role? There is a little too much all or nothing with players around here. Most players aren't stars and that doesn't mean they should be drawn and quartered because they aren't. Of course you'd never know it by looking at these boards. There is no middle ground here.

IT'S A GAME, NOT LIFE OR DEATH! Get some perspective.
Oh really? Name 5 who struggled at tackle but were given a chance on the same team that succeeded at guard.

I never said nor implied it was life or death, so telling me to get some perspective makes no sense. I asked why a player who is obviously less than average is still on the team. And while I realize your comments were not necessarily directed at me, I never said anyone was going to die, or that they should be drawn and quartered. I suggested that the player in question should be cut. All NFL players are stars, that is why they are in the NFL and not delivering pizzas, so perhaps it is you who needs some perspective.

You're right on one thing though, there is no middle ground on this or any other message board, and your comments prove there is no shortage of over the top drama either. IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD, NOT LIFE OR DEATH! Get some perspective.

Reading all of the opinions is pretty funny, because the same people who are saying oh give him another chance, or maybe he would be better at guard are the same people who said they wanted blood with other players who failed less miserably than Newton has over the last few years, but now, with a guy who clearly deserves to get the axe, it's all butterflies and rainbows.

What happened to all the "We don't want losers on our team" attitude? Newton fits that bill and then some, why waste more time trying him at guard when he has proven to be sub standard? When you take out the garbage, you take it all out. You do not leave a bag here or there.

Those saying he may not make it past camp make sense, but that is just another excuse. Plenty of other bodies out there. Just because he is still employed by the Texans should not figure into it. You send a message to the locker room that sub par pay will not be tolerated, and you cut the guy.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote