Thread: McClain rumor
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McClain rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I didn't leave off jack and you're being a troll now. I explained my reasoning on QBs. That is independent of how anyone else does it.

I stake no claim to QB expertise so I am not wedded to any specific QBs in the draft or at any particular point. The top 3 all have different warts to me, but they all look worthy of consideration so I won't be upset if any of them are taken in the 1st. I am not big on late round (after the 3rd) QBs as anything more than backups. I like what I have seen from Murray and just slightly less Garoppalo - won't be upset if either of them is taken. Don't particularly like Metz and dislike McCarron. But my attitude on picking QBs is wholly dependent on the HC/GM in that order. If he thinks any of them is one of the 1-2 QBs who will end up being solid starters from this draft then take him where you have to and you won't hear me beotching about it. If he doesn't, I would rather see them pass than just take one to take one.

This is where I put one of your higher standards on the HC/GM. I expect them to have an opinion on who those 1-2 will be and not just go with the draftnik attitude of "well these three are close and then there are four close who may be available in the 2nd so let's picked from who is left at 2.1." Call your shot and you're using a bullet not a hand grenade.
I agree with most of this except I think slightly higher of McCarron than you do.

The last paragraph I agree with, but say you have Garappolo rated highly but he's definitely not a 1-1 pick what do you do? You put a value on him, 20-25 IMHO and trade up to get him. I like Murray a lot too, more than 2 of the top 3.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote