Thread: McClain rumor
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McClain rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
To be honest, everything BoB has said publicly about the qb's in this draft & our qb situation points to this. Every time someone asks him about 1 of the top 3, he always goes out of his way to mention a few of the other 2nd tier guys.

I honestly think he's looking past the 1st 3 guys unless 1 of them drops to around 25 or so.

I don't think Grapalo will be there. Someone's gonna reach & get him late in the 1st. My bet on the 2nd tier qb he's targeting is either Mettenberger or Savage. Mettenberger b/c there won't be any pressure there to put him in right away b/c of his late injury, but the potential is definitely there.

& prior to BoB mentioning him, I hadn't heard anything about a Tom Savage.....from anyone. Which tells me he's firmly entrenched as a 2nd round & below prospect that most likely will be there 2:1 when the texans come up.
I ain't no one but did mock Savage several months ago, great size & interesting story of changing colleges & did not play for one he did go to. Not a 1st or 2nd day selection and possibly a 7th or UDFA.

I do like Garoppolo in 2nd but think Manziel is 1-1 barring a trade.