Thread: McClain rumor
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: McClain rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Oh I think they do now, I think they've certainly got their collective mind set on what they want to do with their top pick. You know what you want to do don't you thunderkyss, what you want the Texans to do with their 1.1 right, so I'm sure they have their plan at this point.
I've been watching these guys for years. OB hasn't. & I've been as close to them as I'll ever be. I'd think he would want to see them in person, talk to them himself, before he makes up his mind. I know I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Quote:
As far as the QB thing goes, if I'm OB, I'm asking myself two questions.
Can I win with this guy?
This goes back to the list of things OB said he is looking for in a QB. I think all but maybe four guys would fit.
Can I win this year with this guy?
I think five guys in this years draft answers yes here.
I'm sure he is asking himself the 1st question...doubt it about the 2nd question though b/c i don't think he realistically thinks he can win this year with this team as it is currently constructed. I'm basing this largely on the Fitzpatrick signing & the key releases we've had so far. If we wind up trading out of 1:1 with the Bills or whomever, that will confirm it in my mind.
The question isn't about the teams expectations, it's more about how far is he from being the guy he needs to be to start. Do I believe he's smart enough to pick up on our process quickly. Do I need tear down his mechanics & build them back up....

It's like if I want to make a blue car, molded out of clay. Do I have regular brown clay, or do I have yellow clay, green clay, or blue clay.... regardless which one I pick, it's not ready, it's still not a car. But I'm a lot closer if I pick the blue clay.